• 124(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2024-05-02, 22:24)Buschel Wrote: I did not look into this yet, but it should be feasible. Something similar was done with the setting to show/hide movie sets with only 1 movie.

How can I create an empty TV show?

I think you just need to create a directory with the name of a show in your tvshows folder and not add any files in it. Like a dir with the name “star trek discovery”.
Ok, the initial implementation was easy. Need to test this now after creating such an empty TV Show and with changed Kodi settings.
(2024-05-02, 22:24)Buschel Wrote: How can I create an empty TV show?

Simply add a new TV show with a single episode and then delete the episode and do a rescan.
Oh, the fancy forum now, after my post, showed me your complete conversation. Ignore my last post!
Yep, creating an empty folder with a TV show's name was enough. The feature worked from the start. Smile

The feature works quite similar to the "Include sets containing a single movie". It needs an app restart to take over a changed setting from Kodi, and a re-sync to rebuild the library using this setting.
1.15 build 4375.42

This is a pure test build build. I would like to gather some feedback on the changes made around menu restructuring. In this build the main menu is enhanced by Files, Addons and Settings. The addons have been removed from other menus and are all centrally accessible in the main menu. The settings have been removed from the remote screen.

The main menu is now quite crowded, but in Kodi itself it is similarly. By this addons, file mode and settings are easier to find. But there downsides as well, e.g. you always land in Music files when entering Files -- even when Music is switched off as main menu entry. But let's for now just gather impressions and feedback.
As the visibility of menu entries is already fully configurable via iOS Settings, why don’t give the user the choice?
If the settings menu is enabled, settings will be removed from the remote panel and is directly accessible, otherwise the old behavior is retained.
If files and/or addons menu is enabled, the file/addons entries might be removed from Music etc., as they are then accessible via their own dedicated menu entry. If disabled, the old entries would remain.
By implementing it this way, everyone would be happy! Smile

My personal opinion is that I don’t need the additional menu entries, as I use these functions quite rarely. But sure, once per year I need them… So, if configurable as suggested above, I would leave them off and still use everything as it used to be.

Thanks for your efforts anyway, I like the way you try to continuously improve the App.
👍
Thanks for your comments. I need to think about it for two reasons. Just using the main-menu-config setting is from a user perspective not directly related to the other menus (e.g. adding settings to remote again when disabling Settings in main menu). The other reason lies in the implementation as menu restructuring at runtime is not easy and -- from my current point of view -- error prone.

What I had in mind for Files is to skip the bottom icon bar and simply list "Music sources", "Video sources" and "Picture sources" in the table view already. This way you always start with listing all options when entering Files, and not with a "No items found" in case you only have videos (as the menu always starts with Music sources). But this also is a custom implementation for this menu only and does not follow the usual implementation of menu structures.

Another idea I have is to use a sheet for the remote custom buttons. On iPad this would then just draw this on top of the remote screen and would not close the remote to open another "stack view". I am sure this feels more natural.
(2024-05-10, 07:53)Buschel Wrote: Thanks for your comments. I need to think about it for two reasons. Just using the main-menu-config setting is from a user perspective not directly related to the other menus (e.g. adding settings to remote again when disabling Settings in main menu). The other reason lies in the implementation as menu restructuring at runtime is not easy and -- from my current point of view -- error prone.
Maybe you could also follow the very simple approach and just provide (at least) the access to settings via the new Settings menu entry in addition to the current implementation. Also Now Playing already can be reached via different means and adding the Now Playing menu entry does not change the alternative ways to reach the Now Playing screen.

Quote:What I had in mind for Files is to skip the bottom icon bar and simply list "Music sources", "Video sources" and "Picture sources" in the table view already. This way you always start with listing all options when entering Files, and not with a "No items found" in case you only have videos (as the menu always starts with Music sources). But this also is a custom implementation for this menu only and does not follow the usual implementation of menu structures.
Yes, doing it this way would finally allow me to get rid of the files entries for all parts of my media library which I only access via metadata driven menus. But it needs to remain for pictures, please keep this in mind.

Quote:Another idea I have is to use a sheet for the remote custom buttons. On iPad this would then just draw this on top of the remote screen and would not close the remote to open another "stack view". I am sure this feels more natural.
Very good idea, indeed!
I like the additions to the main menu. Will test settings more later. Since it’s still broken on Xbox I have to use my win box.

While turning off addons and files from the main menu I noticed something…

This is really minor but if you recall way back I reported that Favorites had the British spelling which you corrected in the US translation. Inside the settings (the one found in iOS settings) it is still mistranslated as Favourites.
(2024-05-12, 00:45)amasephy Wrote: This is really minor but if you recall way back I reported that Favorites had the British spelling which you corrected in the US translation. Inside the settings (the one found in iOS settings) it is still mistranslated as Favourites.
That's strange. The translations are unchanged and still intact.
1.15 build 4414
Release Notes

This is the next mainline build towards 1.15 release. It adds two features (support Blurred Cover for iPad and follow Kodi's "Show empty TV shows" setting), few bugfixes and internal rework. Testing is required especially around the searchbar handling as this was reworked to reduce complexity.

We're still not clear on the reason for the vanished scroll indicators on devices with iOS 17. A first workaround does not fully resolve this, so we kept it out for now.
The show empty tv shows settings works nice. Thanks!
(2024-05-12, 11:39)Saens Wrote: The show empty tv shows settings works nice. Thanks!

Welcome and thanks for suggesting this!
Definitely seems to be a bug in the translation then. I just re-added Favorites to my main menu and it looks fine there. Just in settings it’s broken.

Love the new search bar. I didn’t notice any quirks at first glance. My only thought was - is it not possible to eliminate the duplicate search bar with your new implementation?

With your now playing state improvements are you expecting a reduction in that race condition issue we discussed a few weeks back? It’s hard to tell exactly what to test with some of the changes in this build.
  • 124(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0