• 10(current)
Deprecated Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
(2024-05-05, 18:55)junitodx Wrote: Is there a wiki page somewhere that shows how the built in support on Omega works
Not yet. But read this page, and you will see the Extras button... https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_versions
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply. I had seen this page before but I don't think the skin I am using, Arctic Zephyr - Reloaded, supports this feature yet. I have all the settings set properly but when I choose Manage Versions from the context menu, on a movie I know I have multiple versions of, it just makes a sound that I think indicates an error and nothing happens.
(2024-05-05, 23:55)junitodx Wrote: Arctic Zephyr - Reloaded
Unfortunately, we are in a situation where some skins have been updated to install on v21, but have not been updated to include the new features. Arctic Zephyr is one of them.
Off the top of my head, Estuary, Confluence, Aeon Nox Silvo, Copacetic and I think Arctic Fuse do have the new features implemented. There's probably also some modded versions not in the repo, but I haven't kept track of those.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-05-06, 00:11)Karellen Wrote: Unfortunately, we are in a situation where some skins have been updated to install on v21, but have not been updated to include the new features. Arctic Zephyr is one of them.
Off the top of my head, Estuary, Confluence, Aeon Nox Silvo and I think Arctic Fuse do have the new features implemented.

Thanks for confirming I'm not losing my marbles. I will hold out for a while to see if AZR hopefully implements the new features. If not maybe I will give Fuse a try. Appreciate the help.
(2024-05-06, 00:33)junitodx Wrote: Thanks for confirming I'm not losing my marbles. I will hold out for a while to see if AZR hopefully implements the new features. If not maybe I will give Fuse a try. Appreciate the help.
Note: You can swap to Estuary for managing and swap back to AZR for watching as no special dialog is needed for that part.
(2024-05-05, 18:55)junitodx Wrote:
(2024-04-10, 12:26)pkscout Wrote: With the release of Kodi 21 (Omega), there is built in support for Video extras
Is there a wiki page somewhere that shows how the built in support on Omega works or where it needs to be enabled? I do have an Extras option in my context menu but I also have this Extras Addon installed, so I assume it's just that.
Versions (and Extras) in Kodi 21 is still what I would call experimental.  I thought there was a wiki page for doing Extras in Kodi 21, but I can't find it right now.  In terms of the context menu, yes, that is from the Extras addon.  I may extend support for this addon through Kodi 22 if I feel like the native extras stuff is still maturing.  I don't really use this addon at all, so all I'm really doing now is bug fixes as needed.
Was looking into bringing some of my Kodi clients up to v21 and, as always, looking into keys to my enjoyment of my library. Seeing Extras is now built into Kodi seemed positive but as I understand this is a cumbersome and labor intensive add and not simple and easy as the now very old and long forgotten by most VideoExtras add-on? And this add-on still fails to function as the previous and requires conforming to always PLAY as the default, removing Info as an option to be able to access extras and therefore can't be built into the buttons on the info screen?

If the above is correct I still am not understanding why the old, easy, simple method, which is how JellyFin and possibly other media managers works, is not seen as a proper solution for Kodi? It wasn't broke, so why break it over and over?

I'll be again trying to figure out how to bring this long forgotten add-on forward with me, as well as the simple library editor.
(2024-05-11, 17:05)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I understand this is a cumbersome and labor intensive add
As hard as running a library scan.
(2024-05-11, 17:37)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-05-11, 17:05)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I understand this is a cumbersome and labor intensive add
As hard as running a library scan.

Why would I run a library scan for extras? My Kodi client libraries are managed by Jellyfin which still gives full access to my Extras using the long dead VideoExtras add-on..

The method that worked quick and easy previously was adding a sub-folder to your media's main folder and then dumping anything you want into it. Navigate Kodi to the media, go to the info screen or open the context menu, select extras and a new menu populates with all content found in the extras menu.

Using JellyFin as my media server also means complete failure of "running a library scan" for every individual instance of Kodi client I manage.

Meanwhile, JellyFin itself works exactly as I described above though requires a media refresh to repopulate any changes to the folder. That can be done manually and/or run on a set schedule.

So again, multiple steps, settings, configurations and limitations are where Kodi appears to be at for currently supported extras 8 versions after a simple add-on just worked. And by mentioning it I of course get pushback from those who don't see the simplistic method as a better option because it wasn't what they have worked on and/or support. 

I have 4 Kodi clients running in my home, 3 in a friend's home and 4 remote instances connected to my media sever, that I used to manually attend each's library. JellyFin removed all need to do anything once the media is scraped into it's library. The amount of time I get to enjoy actually watching my media now rather than micro-managing is immense. I'm not looking for options to move backwards. So I ask again, why not make it that simple? I have managed to keep the old add-on alive in some form up to v19 thus far so it's not something fundamentally incompatible with baseline Kodi. And it's already built into baseline Jellyfin which is just 5 years old now.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)0