• 4(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
Beautiful as always. Nice work, keep on reinventing Kodi's UI. Any link for your us to try?
Thanks in advance
One other thing I wondered (I'm sure it will be this way) is whether this skin will build Skin Shortcuts xml's correctly. Working on AutoWidget, I found that a handful of skins (like original Aura) don't, which makes it really difficult to edit them outside of the management dialog Big Grin
(2020-02-19, 19:56)drinfernoo Wrote: One other thing I wondered (I'm sure it will be this way) is whether this skin will build Skin Shortcuts xml's correctly. Working on AutoWidget, I found that a handful of skins (like original Aura) don't, which makes it really difficult to edit them outside of the management dialog Big Grin

What do you mean by correctly? I don't remember anything particularly unusual about the methods used in Aura (AZ2 is the unusual one)

Anyway AH uses the same methods as AZ2 - its more of a very detailed mod than a completely fresh skin.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-02-19, 23:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 19:56)drinfernoo Wrote: One other thing I wondered (I'm sure it will be this way) is whether this skin will build Skin Shortcuts xml's correctly. Working on AutoWidget, I found that a handful of skins (like original Aura) don't, which makes it really difficult to edit them outside of the management dialog Big Grin

What do you mean by correctly? I don't remember anything particularly unusual about the methods used in Aura (AZ2 is the unusual one)

Anyway AH uses the same methods as AZ2 - its more of a very detailed mod than a completely fresh skin.

Maybe "correctly" was the wrong word... Aura doesn't build xml's that represent defined widgets.

I figured that was the case Blush
Background Overlay Style

Info Widget
It's getting better and better
Wow. Yet another excellent skin. Loving the library views, particularly what looks like the list view. Will you be having a horizontal main menu as an option or just the vertical menu?
(2020-02-20, 13:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: Background Overlay StyleImageInfo WidgetImage

Looking great man! Wondering if there will be an option for monochrome ratings icons for trakt, metacritic, rotten tomatoes, etc.?
(2020-02-21, 13:00)satelly Wrote: Wow. Yet another excellent skin. Loving the library views, particularly what looks like the list view. Will you be having a horizontal main menu as an option or just the vertical menu?
Probably just the vertical menu. I'm trying to have one consistent approach throughout.
My biggest issue with AZ2 is that it is trying to do too many things at once and so it's made the skin development a real chore -- I end up having to worry about compatibility with a bunch of features that I don't even use and all the conditions get far too complex.

That being said, in AZ2 I prefer the horizontal multi-widget layout, so it may still make an appearance. It really depends on how the skin develops. At the moment I've been toying with the idea of being able to open the vertical menu from the side of any screen as a type of quick nav - so depending on how integrated that gets, it simply may not be possible to use the horizontal menu layout.

(2020-02-21, 21:23)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Looking great man! Wondering if there will be an option for monochrome ratings icons for trakt, metacritic, rotten tomatoes, etc.?

Yep. Options to choose either colour or monochrome ratings and select boxes:
(2020-02-22, 03:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 13:00)satelly Wrote: Wow. Yet another excellent skin. Loving the library views, particularly what looks like the list view. Will you be having a horizontal main menu as an option or just the vertical menu?
Probably just the vertical menu. I'm trying to have one consistent approach throughout.
My biggest issue with AZ2 is that it is trying to do too many things at once and so it's made the skin development a real chore -- I end up having to worry about compatibility with a bunch of features that I don't even use and all the conditions get far too complex.

That being said, in AZ2 I prefer the horizontal multi-widget layout, so it may still make an appearance. It really depends on how the skin develops. At the moment I've been toying with the idea of being able to open the vertical menu from the side of any screen as a type of quick nav - so depending on how integrated that gets, it simply may not be possible to use the horizontal menu layout.

(2020-02-21, 21:23)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Looking great man! Wondering if there will be an option for monochrome ratings icons for trakt, metacritic, rotten tomatoes, etc.?

Is it almost ready for an alpha release? Thanks
Wow! Beautiful! Can't wait to give this one a try!
In respect to the home screen will there be an option to have icons on the left hand side and then a left press expands / displays the menu {like it currently shows} ? This way with just icons the home screen will be a large area to display widget content etc without such a large area for the menu content ?

Loving the look of the banner view on the home screen and info view - cant wait to test out the alpha / beta when its ready to drop. Top job as always
This is stunning. Any chance it will work with v17 for those of us sticking with dsplayer?

(A guy can dream)
(2020-02-22, 09:51)Japangelo Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 03:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Is it almost ready for an alpha release? Thanks 
Hell, why pressure him for an alpha release? We should find out where he lives, break into his house and then smash his legs so he cannot walk, tie him up to the chair so he can only move his arms. We could hold a gun to his head and play a recording of someone scratching their nails down a chalkboard and then waterboard him.

We would have a full release, forget an alpha. You are thinking small.

Oh and P.S I am taking the jimmy riddle (slang term) so stop asking for an ETA he has already said, it will be ready when he is done and not YOU! (Only one ! this time, I am learning!!!!!)
yet another promising skin ! Thank you @jurialmunkey  !
Here are some wishes and some ways to make it essential:
  • Responsive design (21/9 screens)
  • I think that it is absolutely necessary to plan a good integration of the addon "Advanced Emulator Launcher" which currently remains the best alternative for advanced retrogaming thanks to the wide choice of emulators and personalized launchers. All the possibilities of AEL are not compulsory, but some views for each type of covers (poster, wide like N64 and SNES, and square like Dreamcast and PSX) with essential information like the number of player, genre, synopsis ...
  • I also think that the vertical bars separating the information should be replaced by bullets to give more lightness to the skin. The "|", the "/" break the natural design of the skin.
  • With a theme called Arctic Horizon, I would tend to integrate a horizontal menu like AZ2 into it. It's so much more aesthetically pleasing and more practical (personal opinion). Above all, it allows you to group more elements in a more restricted space giving more space to the different widgets, fanarts, photo slideshow ...
I really like the simplicity and the aesthetics of the low horizontal menu with date and weather, which gradually rises as you navigate through the widgets:
Step 1 : Home menu, media selection
Step 2 : Submenu
Step 2 bis : Submenu 2 Spotlight
Step 4 : Movie selection

Elements don't come in all directions, it is beautiful, it is fluid... This is what I call natural navigation Wink
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7