• 21(current)
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
Seems fine here: http://www.jocala.com
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Thanks for confirmed. But still can't connect it by PC or mobile phone. Also try changed the DNS to Google or Cloudflare also without luck. Finally I got it from mirror of Softpedia. But I prefer download it from official web site.

@jocala could you please check why can't connect to your web site from Taiwan when you are available?
(2024-01-31, 05:30)darkj2k Wrote: Thanks for confirmed. But still can't connect it by PC or mobile phone. Also try changed the DNS to Google or Cloudflare also without luck. Finally I got it from mirror of Softpedia. But I prefer download it from official web site.

@jocala could you please check why can't connect to your web site from Taiwan when you are available?

Reach out via email to jocala@jocala.com
(2024-01-31, 18:03)jocala Wrote:
(2024-01-31, 05:30)darkj2k Wrote: Thanks for confirmed. But still can't connect it by PC or mobile phone. Also try changed the DNS to Google or Cloudflare also without luck. Finally I got it from mirror of Softpedia. But I prefer download it from official web site.

Reach out via email to jocala@jocala.com
Just email you.
Taiwan situation resolved.
Question?
I am using version adb 6.0 and when I try to restore a saved build of Kodi 20.3 that I saved from a fire stick lite
and write it to a max 2nd gen it writes fine and works well but as soon as I disconnect the power and power
it back up Kodi build is completely erased leaving only the stock Kodi 20.3 shell with nothing else.
What am I missing ?
Please advise, thank you
(2024-02-10, 22:15)JOECHRONIC Wrote: Question?
I am using version adb 6.0 and when I try to restore a saved build of Kodi 20.3 that I saved from a fire stick lite
and write it to a max 2nd gen it writes fine and works well but as soon as I disconnect the power and power
it back up Kodi build is completely erased leaving only the stock Kodi 20.3 shell with nothing else.
What am I missing ?
Please advise, thank you
I don't know, some Android 11 oddity?   I'd restore your lite backup to the 4Kmax, make sure everything works, then make a new backup of the 4Kmax.  Work forward using a clean 4Kmax and restore from your new backup.  Shooting in the dark, really ...
Hi Jocala, noob here.
I have Kodi installed on my Android 11 TV (Hisense 55U68K).
I was recommended your app to perform backups and restores.

So far, I've gotten myself to the point where ADBLink and my Android 11 TV are connected. Confirmed via console:

The part at I'm stuck is pointing ADBLink to my Kodi installation.
When I press 'Backup', I get the following error:

My guess is that I'm getting this error because my "Kodi Partition" option is probably set incorrectly...

My TV's internal storage is low. So I had previously connected an external drive and formatted it as "internal / adopted" storage (not sure what the correct terminology is).

Kodi and pretty much 80% of my other apps are installed on that external storage. On the "Google TV' operating system, the app information only states they are installed to "USB Storage" (as opposed to "Internal Storage").

I can't figure out how to find the correct "Kodi Path" via my Android 11 TV.

One work around I tried is running "Aida64" via the Android TV Play Store.
It's also installed on the external drive.
The program has a "Directories" section that notes the following...
- Primary External Storage: /storage/emulated/0
- External Files #1: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.finalwire.aida64/files

So I tried adding "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/" to the "Kodi Path" field in ADBLink. But that didn't work and I got the same error as above.

I'm stuck and don't know how to get backup and restore working. Smile
I was hoping to get your help
>>My TV's internal storage is low. So I had previously connected an external drive and formatted it as "internal / adopted" storage (not sure what the correct terminology is).

Attached storage has to be formatted as portable, not internal.
Do you mean for ADBLink to work the storage has to be formatted as "portable"?

Please note that on my Android 11 TV (Hisense 55U68K) the option to format an external drive for use with personal files is called "format as removable storage". I think this is the equivalent to "portable" on my TV.

I actually tried that initially. But the Android 11 operating system was not installing apps to the external drive. I even enabled that "force to external" option in the developer options. But the apps were always being kept on the internal drive - with no option to move them to external.

The other option was to format the external drive for use with apps and data...which my TV calls "format as device storage". This gave me the option to move apps to external (and the developer option mentioned earlier worked as well). This is current format that Kodi resides on.

So are you saying in my situation ADBLink won't work to backup Kodi?
(2024-02-14, 17:49)FamShoppa Wrote: Do you mean for ADBLink to work the storage has to be formatted as "portable"?

Please note that on my Android 11 TV (Hisense 55U68K) the option to format an external drive for use with personal files is called "format as removable storage". I think this is the equivalent to "portable" on my TV.

I actually tried that initially. But the Android 11 operating system was not installing apps to the external drive. I even enabled that "force to external" option in the developer options. But the apps were always being kept on the internal drive - with no option to move them to external.

The other option was to format the external drive for use with apps and data...which my TV calls "format as device storage". This gave me the option to move apps to external (and the developer option mentioned earlier worked as well). This is current format that Kodi resides on.

So are you saying in my situation ADBLink won't work to backup Kodi?
I don't think so, no.  adb, (the android debug bridge) utility that adblink depends on to "talk" to android devices, is only able to access "portable" drives. No way I've seen around this, sorry Sad
It's very strange.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E has Android 11 as well.
But on that, I can add an extra sd card and format it as "portable" or "removable storage".
I'm able to install apps on it - as well as add my own files/folders.

But on my Hisense 55U68K with Android TV 11 (with Google TV interface)...
The drive formatted as "portable" or "removable storage" never appears as an option for installing apps.
I even enabled the Developer Mode option to force installation to external - but even that doesn't work on Android TV 11.

I created a topic about this, but one really seems to know why this happens with Android TV operating system:
Can we not move apps to drives formatted as "removable storage"? : AndroidTV (reddit.com)

My theory now is that if Kodi does not get excessive in size...what I might try is moving it to internal drive and using your program to back it up. Then I move it back to external "adopted storage" drive after the backup/restore process is complete.

If I notice Kodi cannot be backed up even when it's on the internal drive...then I will know that something is wrong in the way ADBLink interacts with my TV.
http://www.jocala.com/android11.html

Android 11 won't allow adb to access to sandboxed file areas like /sdcard/Android/data/.  External storage formatted as internal is also sandboxed. See the link above.  The workaround it to relocate Kodi's data files to an area that's not sandboxed, like an external drive formatted as standard storage.  If you can't find a way to format your external as portable, you can format it with your PC, then attach it to your device.
That article you linked is a little confusing.

So let's assume I move my Kodi installation from the external "adopted storage" to the main internal drive.

We'll probably still have the problem you and the article mentioned that it will be in "/sdcard/Android/data/".

In that case, what will happen when I press backup? 

This is the part of the article that I'm confused by: "If adblink determines that the file location /sdcard/Android/data is sandboxed it will instruct Kodi to look for its data at /sdcard/kodi_data/ via the text file /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties file which adblink will create".

How does the end-user make sure that ADBLink creates the "text file /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties file"?

Do you have to press a certain button? Or does it happen automatically when you press 'Backup'?
It's an automated process.  adblink examines the filesystem: if scoped storage is in effect it reads/writes the xbmc_env.properties file.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi2