• 38(current)
Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
Brick 
Quote:Is it possible to change the directory of the temp files?
no, Kodi has set folders where library images, temp files are stored. All are in the .kodi folder in storage. I would suggest you go into Android storage settings and clear out unneeded other apps. There isn't too much storage available on these things unfortunately. Kodi files can be accessed with the Kodi built in file explorer only, Android app data settings are restricted by the app itself only. I'd suggest a cache cleaner addon to keep on top of it Kodi wise.
(2024-04-14, 09:46)TheAnt Wrote: Tried to find a previous post about this, but couldnt fint any.
Anyway, my problem is that my scraping/scan stops after I while. Tried to figurer out the issue and I think it might be that the chromecast runs out of storage. It seems that it builds up some temp files somewhere. Is it possible to change the directory of the temp files?

Have you tried this? 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3119266

p.s. KCleaner does not work and crashes Kodi Omega (21.x) - I'm now using EZ Maintenance+ for cleaning up the cache on startup. But the main issue is the Thumbnails folder which grows huge as time goes by. Moving them to a network HDD was the solution for me.
I'm going to write down what I figured out about chromecast with google tv 4k x265 file stutter issues.

First of all if your x265 mp4 file frame rate is 23.976024 then you will have no problem of playing it in kodi through ccwgtv.  (you can figure out frame rate out of vlc media player tools and codec information)

If your media's movie frame rate is 23.976216 then no matter what it will stutter in kodi through ccwgtv.  As far as I know there is no solution so far.

If you are lazy like me you can use MKVToolNix to convert it to MKV even though frame rate is 23.976216 it will play fine with MKV container in CCWGTV.

Or if you go to developer option and turn on the disable hardware overlay, it will play fine in Jellyfin, but not in Kodi.

so you don't have to copy whole file and wish it will play fine or not.  Also let me know if you find any solution to it.  I've been using ccwgtv since it came out, but quite disappointed with

their support and etc.. Well hope this information is helpful at least.  Have a good one
(2024-05-30, 22:40)pazu1 Wrote: I'm going to write down what I figured out about chromecast with google tv 4k x265 file stutter issues.

First of all if your x265 mp4 file frame rate is 23.976024 then you will have no problem of playing it in kodi through ccwgtv.  (you can figure out frame rate out of vlc media player tools and codec information)

If your media's movie frame rate is 23.976216 then no matter what it will stutter in kodi through ccwgtv.  As far as I know there is no solution so far.

If you are lazy like me you can use MKVToolNix to convert it to MKV even though frame rate is 23.976216 it will play fine with MKV container in CCWGTV.

Or if you go to developer option and turn on the disable hardware overlay, it will play fine in Jellyfin, but not in Kodi.

so you don't have to copy whole file and wish it will play fine or not.  Also let me know if you find any solution to it.  I've been using ccwgtv since it came out, but quite disappointed with

their support and etc.. Well hope this information is helpful at least.  Have a good one

Great find! Had not figured out that the framerate was to blame for this. You should submit a bug report, as I am not in a position to test this ATM.
I'm beginning to think that it's not actually google's fault.  It's on the kodi side.  Because I just tested with stuttering mp4 x265 file on test folder smb through vlc, it doesn't stutter.  It plays fine.

I thought it was always google's fault messed some hardware acceleration after update, may be it's kodi player problem.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0