• 90(current)
Release Audio Passthrough IEC - TrueHD fix/workaround - Testing build
@Marco12 Kodi Nexus 20.0 Alpha is a really old version. You would be better off upgrading to Kodi 21 Beta 2 or one of the Kodi 21 nightlies. Those have native DV support, so you don't need to use a KodiNerds build anymore.

Also, these Kodi 21 versions have the option of configuring the cache through the GUI instead of through advancedsettings.xml. Specifying a cache may solve your stuttering issues, depending on if the cause is network speed related.
Smile 
Hello @MrMagic !

Thank you for your quick response!
I will therefore follow your recommendations, for the Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 which version do you recommend ? Kodi 21 beta 2 or Kodi 21 nightlies (and where can I download them?) ?.
And I don't understand what you told me about the network speed related?
i don’t understand what it is
because I play my files in MKV with a hard drive plugged directly into my Nividia Shield (so you are talking about the speed of my hard drive ?).

Best regards
Finally, what cache size do you recommend for me by default?
You should download Kodi 21 Beta two and start from there as it’s very stable for being a Beta. I haven’t got any issues personally with it, I think Beta 3 is not too far away from being release which will carry all of the improvements and fixes they had been doing since after Beta 2 was released like a month ago. Nightlies, are a bit more unstable and you have to be updating more frequently in order to keep up with the fixes in case they break something in a current build, but fix it in the next build which are pretty released every 24 hours.

So, I do suggest for you to Download Beta 2 and stay there until Beta 3 is released and instead move from Beta to Beta which again, are far more stable than moving from Nightlies to Nightlies every 24 hour and less of a hassle. I think you should be pretty happy with Kodi 21 Beta 2 and most likely most of your issues will be solved. 👍

As for Buffer Cache, I personally would recommend for you to start with 128MB memory size, and readfactor turn it down from the default of x4 to 2x in order to minimize further the use of too much cpu resources.

Those settings can be found under Kodi<Settings<Services<Caching. Good Luck!
Thumbs Up 
Thank you for your advice!
So I'm going to upgrade to Kodi 21 Beta 2! Smile

Regards
@Marco12 The 64-bit release of Kodi 21 Beta 2 can be found here: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/

Or you could apply to become a beta tester here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.xbmc.kodi

After that, you will automatically receive new beta versions from the Play Store.
(2024-01-23, 15:34)Nuklear92 Wrote: You should download Kodi 21 Beta two and start from there as it’s very stable for being a Beta. I haven’t got any issues personally with it, I think Beta 3 is not too far away from being release which will carry all of the improvements and fixes they had been doing since after Beta 2 was released like a month ago. Nightlies, are a bit more unstable and you have to be updating more frequently in order to keep up with the fixes in case they break something in a current build, but fix it in the next build which are pretty released every 24 hours.

So, I do suggest for you to Download Beta 2 and stay there until Beta 3 is released and instead move from Beta to Beta which again, are far more stable than moving from Nightlies to Nightlies every 24 hour and less of a hassle. I think you should be pretty happy with Kodi 21 Beta 2 and most likely most of your issues will be solved. 👍

As for Buffer Cache, I personally would recommend for you to start with 128MB memory size, and readfactor turn it down from the default of x4 to 2x in order to minimize further the use of too much cpu resources.

Those settings can be found under Kodi<Settings<Services<Caching. Good Luck!

I wasn't aware that cache settings are adjustable in the GUI on v21. Thanks for the reminder!

I changed my advancedsettings.xml from this:
Quote:    <cache>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <readfactor>20</readfactor>
        <memorysize>278921216</memorysize>
    </cache>
    <audio>
        <maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>96</maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>
    </audio>
    <video>
        <latency>
            <delay>-40</delay>
        </latency>
    </video>
to this:
Quote:    <audio>
        <maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>96</maxpassthroughoffsyncduration>
    </audio>
    <video>
        <latency>
            <delay>-40</delay>
        </latency>
    </video>
Then changed memory size to 128MB and read factor 2x.

Is maxpassthroughoffsyncduration still necessary?
(2024-01-26, 14:33)Cinephile Wrote: Is maxpassthroughoffsyncduration still necessary?
Yes.
(2023-12-28, 11:16)markdj83 Wrote: Hello,

I've looked but can't find a definitive answer, but is this audio solution (for me, at least) available in newer and official versions of Kodi, or just this specific one?
I'm asking, because my Kodi in the bedroom runs on 20.2, but still has the issue while the one in the living room runs this version (20.1) and works 99.9% perfectly (thank you for this, I've been trying to fix this issue for years!).

In case I ever want to upgrade (or if it somehow starts to auto-update Kodi).

But I assume it's just this version until it's officially implemented?

No one?
(2024-01-27, 21:19)markdj83 Wrote:

I've looked but can't find a definitive answer, but is this audio solution (for me, at least) available in newer and official versions of Kodi, or just this specific one?
I'm asking, because my Kodi in the bedroom runs on 20.2, but still has the issue while the one in the living room runs this version (20.1) and works 99.9% perfectly (thank you for this, I've been trying to fix this issue for years!).

No one?
?

i don't understand why you're asking
the links from the first post here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371292 ARE links to the official version
same links found when visiting kodi.tv so why would you think this is not included in official versions when there is no custom version provided

if that wasn't enough you could read post #10 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3132932 where it states it was merged
(2024-01-27, 21:30)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-01-27, 21:19)markdj83 Wrote:

No one?
?

i don't understand why you're asking
the links from the first post here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371292 ARE links to the official version
same links found when visiting kodi.tv so why would you think this is not included in official versions when there is no custom version provided

if that wasn't enough you could read post #10 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3132932 where it states it was merged

I’m asking because I ran the official versions and they still gave me the same issue. The Shield in the living room runs on 20.1 almost flawlessly now, while the Shield in the other room runs version 20.3 and still stutters frequently.
So you may see why there doesn’t seem to be an improvement with newer Kodi versions.
(2024-01-28, 09:44)markdj83 Wrote: I’m asking because I ran the official versions and they still gave me the same issue. The Shield in the living room runs on 20.1 almost flawlessly now, while the Shield in the other room runs version 20.3 and still stutters frequently.
So you may see why there doesn’t seem to be an improvement with newer Kodi versions.

the normal way to do something like this, instead of asking rhetorical questions in unrelated threads

locate the support section of the forum that fits what you are having a problem with, since your problem is with "Kodi" and not a skin or addon that section would be General Support https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111
from there locate the sub section that fits your platform, since you are on Android that section would be Android https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164
once you have determined there are not already threads for your problem you would then start a new thread in that section
give your new thread a Descriptive title, "Audio Stuttering on Shield with Kodi 20.3" seems appropriate
then in that thread you would completely describe the issue, what's being played, how often it happens, kodi versions etc.
if there is anything you have done to try and remedy the problem describe that as well (such as trying a different version)
provide a Debug Log that shows that issue in action

then you won't be waiting 2+ weeks for someone to answer a rhetorical question only to then follow up with an issue report
Nothing rhetorical here. Just making sure. No need to be passive-aggressive. A simple yes or no would have sufficed. People are allowed to ask questions and if you don’t feel like posting an answer or reply; don’t. I know Kodi forums are very hostile, so maybe let’s change that attitude (to all who feel addressed by this comment).
By team request, and as this issue has been resolved a few weeks ago and is now just diverging, this thread is being closed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthrough IEC - TrueHD fix/workaround - Testing build0