Kodi Community Forum
v21 Transparency! (WIP) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: v21 Transparency! (WIP) (/showthread.php?tid=377233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Transparency! (WIP) - mikeSiLVO - 2024-04-24

I had some free time to try and update Transparency! so thought I would gauge interest and throw out my super quick and dirty upgrade for Matrix/Omega.

I am planning on working on this over the next month or so but after that, my time will be limited. Testing and bug reports would be paramount to successfully updating and I am going down the list of skin changes so those will be gotten to, other than game stuff since I just do not have the time to work on that.

Anywhoo my WIP repo is HERE but keep in mind this is at a super early stage and there is still much to do.

Feedback most welcome Smile

Thanks

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - kurai - 2024-04-25

Excellent news - thanks for looking at this  Big Grin

I'm happy to be a tester and report back.

I presume you are aware of the fork from @ronie 's original by @konetzed, including work by @Karellen & others here: https://github.com/konetzed/skin.transparency ?
This has some of the outstanding issues/fixes/workarounds already included, but none of the `architectural` underpinnings for new features/methods from recent Kodi versions. Not sure if it's easier/better for you to work from that as a base or start `clean` from @ronie 's

Either way, glad to see some more life breathed into Transparency  Rofl

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - ashlar - 2024-04-25

@mikeSiLVO my personal level of interest is more or less like...

OMG!!! YES, PLEASE!!!

Don't know if it's enough but I can work on it.

I will download your fork right now.

One point to bear in mind: I think this skin used to be quite popular (judging from number of posts it looks second to only Titan in the archived ones) but this post has very little visibility to the "outside world".

In any case, I've installed your fork. Things I have noticed:

- No color selector for subtitles
- No managing video versions for movies
- No icons for Atmos, DTS-X, HDR, DV, etc. (always unsure what is currently possible to detect but still...)
- This BEGS for Skin Shortcuts support. Using a skin without it feels prehistoric by now :-(

I will try to report further if I notice other stuff.

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - Riot504 - 2024-04-25

Heh I switched to Amber because Transparencey! was no longer being updated. Then Amber was no longer updated. Now mikeSiLVO is updating both.
Seems I'm now spoilt for choice!

Thanks mikeSiLVO!

(2024-04-25, 21:54)Riot504 Wrote: Heh I switched to Amber because Transparencey! was no longer being updated. Then Amber was no longer updated. Now mikeSiLVO is updating both.
Seems I'm now spoilt for choice!

Thanks mikeSiLVO!
Same path for me. Amber, while I appreciate it, was a second choice due to Transparency being stuck in the past for too long.

Edit: also... @mikeSiLVO do you accept donations somehow? I'd like to send you some tangible proof of gratitude for updating Transparency!

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - mikeSiLVO - 2024-04-26

(2024-04-25, 07:42)kurai Wrote: Excellent news - thanks for looking at this  :D

I'm happy to be a tester and report back.

I presume you are aware of the fork from @ronie 's original by @konetzed, including work by @Karellen & others here: https://github.com/konetzed/skin.transparency ?
This has some of the outstanding issues/fixes/workarounds already included, but none of the `architectural` underpinnings for new features/methods from recent Kodi versions. Not sure if it's easier/better for you to work from that as a base or start `clean` from @ronie 's

Either way, glad to see some more life breathed into Transparency  :rofl:

I have the zip file from Karellen and incorporated most of those changes in a recent commit.

(2024-04-25, 21:22)ashlar Wrote: One point to bear in mind: I think this skin used to be quite popular (judging from number of posts it looks second to only Titan in the archived ones) but this post has very little visibility to the "outside world".

In any case, I've installed your fork. Things I have noticed:

- No color selector for subtitles
- No managing video versions for movies
- No icons for Atmos, DTS-X, HDR, DV, etc. (always unsure what is currently possible to detect but still...)
- This BEGS for Skin Shortcuts support. Using a skin without it feels prehistoric by now :-(

I will try to report further if I notice other stuff.

I will get to all the non-game related skin engine changes, Video Versions will likely be last tho since Omega only stuff makes it harder to cherry pick to nexus branch.
Subtitle colors should be working with the latest version.

Adding icons would require someone to create them to match the existing media flags.

Skin shortcuts is probably not in the cards. The goal is to update but not completely alter how the skin functions and that would be a major change.

(2024-04-25, 22:45)ashlar Wrote: Same path for me. Amber, while I appreciate it, was a second choice due to Transparency being stuck in the past for too long.

Edit: also... @mikeSiLVO do you accept donations somehow? I'd like to send you some tangible proof of gratitude for updating Transparency!

I don't accept donations personally but any sent to the Kodi Foundation is greatly appreciated :)

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - ashlar - 2024-04-26

(2024-04-26, 00:39)mikeSiLVO Wrote: The goal is to update but not completely alter how the skin functions and that would be a major change.
I can understand your point of view... I can't say I have tried all modern skins but all the ones I've tried recently supported skin shortcuts. Up and including Estuary Mod. It's probably the main missing functionality in the default skin and for many (can't say for all, obviously) one of the main reasons to switch skin.

Having said that, I have zero knowledge of how tough to implement it it would be. As such, I'll keep quiet and go back to my corner. ;-)

(I donate to Kodi from time to time, next time I'll do it I'll be thinking of you, then)

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - ashlar - 2024-04-26

(2024-04-26, 00:39)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Adding icons would require someone to create them to match the existing media flags.
Could you make a list of the ones missing for the current implementation of media flags? I guess it means a list of video and audio formats recognized from ffmpeg probe and not filenames.

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - Zuzia - 2024-04-28

You can fix the error with dependencies?
Code:
error <general>: CAddonInstallJob[skin.transparency:
: The dependency on service.skin.widgets version 0.0.30 could not be satisfied.]

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - kurai - 2024-04-29

If you want to sort it out immediately yourself, there's an 'unofficial' update to v0.0.34 here : https://iwf1.com/kodi/service.skin.widgets

Or you could comment out addon.xml line 6:
addon.xml:
<addon id="skin.transparency" name="Transparency!" provider-name="ronie" version="11.99.0">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0" />
        <import addon="script.favourites" version="6.0.2" />
        <import addon="script.globalsearch" version="5.0.0" />
<!--    <import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.30" /> -->
        <import addon="script.image.resource.select" version="0.0.5" />
Bear in mind that some functionality (e.g. playing items from the Home Window `Recent/Random/Recommended` list, if they appear at all) will not work if service.skin.widgets is not used.

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - mikeSiLVO - 2024-04-29

(2024-04-28, 17:01)Zuzia Wrote: You can fix the error with dependencies?
Code:
error <general>: CAddonInstallJob[skin.transparency:
: The dependency on service.skin.widgets version 0.0.30 could not be satisfied.]

Not sure if it should be removed or not. There is a version that could work with Matrix+ but I don't use the skin so it would be up to you guys whether to remove it or not.

One can always place the skin into the addon folder directly instead of installing it by zip, just enable it afterward. It will work without all the requirements installed beforhand.

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - kurai - 2024-04-29

(2024-04-29, 06:29)mikeSiLVO Wrote: ... There is a version that could work with Matrix+ ...
Just tried that v0.0.35 from the original authors, and it works fine - has all the fixes from the unofficial v0.0.34 plus a bit of code refactoring.

@Zuzia Note:- The addon will have to be included in the skin package or installed yourself, manually, as the version from the official Kodi Addon Repository is @ronie 's v0.0.30 which is now ancient and will break because of some internal changes with Kodi v19 (Matrix) onwards.

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - Zuzia - 2024-04-29

@kurai
Thank you for your suggestions. I installed version v0.0.35.

@mikeSiLVO
The plugin works fine, except for the problem with the favorites tab.
Log:
info <general>: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
info <general>: Loading skin file: Settings.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
error <general>: Window Translator: Can't find window favourites
info <general>: Loading skin file: SettingsSystemInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY

Edit:
I have found another error.
Log:
error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting addons://sources/
error <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(addons://sources/) failed
warning <general>: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(script) in script://script.kodi.loguploader/fanart.jpg

RE: Transparency! (WIP) - mikeSiLVO - 2024-04-30

(2024-04-29, 08:15)Zuzia Wrote: @kurai
Thank you for your suggestions. I installed version v0.0.35.

@mikeSiLVO
The plugin works fine, except for the problem with the favorites tab.
Log:
info <general>: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
info <general>: Loading skin file: Settings.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
info <general>: Loading skin file: SettingsSystemInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY

Edit:
I have found another error.
Log:
warning <general>: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(script) in script://script.kodi.loguploader/fanart.jpg

I'd need more of a description.
What are you clicking on to get the errors?
Is the skin version the latest from GitHub?
Screenshots help.